This policy explains how DolfinED (“DolfinED” or “we” or “us”) collects, uses, and shares your data (“You”, the “Learner”, or the “Student(s)”) when you signup and create an account onDolfinED’s website http://www.dolfined.com/ (the “Website” or the “Service”), or when you use DolfinED’s Service.
You must be 18 years or older to use the Service. DolfinED does not collect personal information from my minors. DolfinED would remove any such data if brought to our attention that it has been submitted through our Service.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information such as name, location, email address, phone number, performance, activities while using the Service, or employment information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you sign up in the Service or enroll in a Course on DolfinED’s website, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available through the Service. You may visit the Website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can refuse to supply personal identification information, but doing so may prevent you from engaging in the Service’srelated content or activities.
How we use collected information
We may collect and use your personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: The information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how the learners use the services and resources provided through the Website.
- Send periodic emails: We may use the Learners’ email addresses to send information and updates about their order. These email addresses may also be used to respond to Learners’inquiries, questions, or other requests.
- Ensuring Compliance: We may use your information to ensure that you are using the Service as permitted and to avoid or mitigate a violation of the applicable terms or agreement governing your use of the Service.
- Consent: For any other purposes to which you have consented.
- Email marketing: we may send you emails about the Website and related course(s), registration, course content, your course progress, or other updates. We may also use your email to inform you about promotions, changes to the course, survey you about your usage, or collect your opinion.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Student personal identification information to others.
However, DolfinED uses third parties and individuals' services to perform certain services on DolfinED’s behalf.DolfinED will disclose your collected information to the third parties we use only to the extent required to perform their services.
The categories of third-party services DolfinED currently uses are:
- Payment: Payment processors process your payment information when you purchase our paid services.DolfinED uses Stripe and Paypal to process payments.
- Analytics: Tools that perform analytics to help understand your usage of DolfinED’s Service. We may also use some of them as a medium for communication, either through email or messages within our Services.
- Marketing/Advertising: Marketing and advertising services that help DolfinED use information collected about you to market DolfinED’sServiceand Content to you.
- Authentication: Authentication services that authenticate your identity and grant you access to the service.
- Fraud and Abuse Tracking: This includes services to track any actual or attempted fraud, abuse, or violation of our applicable terms or agreement in connection with the use of our Services.
DolfinED’s courses and site are hosted by a third party, which provides DolfinED with a platform to host the services and products we sell to you.
Your data is stored through this hosting provider’s data storage, databases, and general application. They store your information securely.
If you purchase on Dolfined’s website, we use a third-party payment processor, Stripe or similar. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as it is necessary to complete your purchase transaction.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and related courses and service providers.
For more insight, we recommend that you read Thinkific’s
Terms of Service here https://www.thinkific.com/resources/privacy-policy/
Privacy Statement here https://www.thinkific.com/resources/terms-of-service/
A Learner may find advertising or other content in our Website that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. Given that we do not control the content or links that appear on these websites; We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may always be changing. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that link to our Learners, is subject to that website's terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms